Looking For Boston Acoustics VR-12 Center Channel Speaker

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geoff S, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Geoff S

Geoff S Stunt Coordinator

I've posted on Hardware for Sale/Trade. But I like to double my chances of finding this speaker so I'll post here too where more people are likely to look. Hope there's no problem with this.
    As I said I'm looking to buy a Boston Acoustics VR-12 Center Channel speaker. It's been discontinued for about 2 years now so it's not avaliable for retail anywhere I've seen. I want this speaker for better center channel presence over my current VR-10 and I don't particually like the new VR920 cause it has a smaller midrange and IMO is kind of a downgraded version of the VR-12.
    If anyone knows a place online I can find it please pass it on. Also if anyone has one for sale that is in like new condition please let me know. I'll pay $300 for one used and I'll pay shipping.
    Thanks all.

2. Geoff S

Geoff S Stunt Coordinator

BUMP
    Also if ayone knows a place I can buy this online let me know.
    BTW I found one at this place called "Audio Etc.": http://www.audioetc.com/specials.html They have a used VR-12 Listed in stock for $200, except the only way you can get it is to go there and buy it, they don't sell online, and frankly I don't even know where this place is (isn't anywhere near me).
    However if anyone lives near it and knows of it, you can make a quick $100+ if you were to go in there, buy it for $200 and then sell it to me for $300. May be a longshot, but if someone out there can I would greatly appreciate it.

3. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Well Geoff. I have a bit of good news for you. I happen to know someone who lives very close to the area where the VR-12 is. The person is a member of HTF as well and I've been up to seem him twice already. I will call him tomorrow from work and arrange for him to pick it up for me and we'll secure it and make arrangements to get it to you. I spoke to the dealer and he said he'll put my name on it as sold.

Please get back in touch with me so that I know how far to go with this.

** He said it's mint in the original box with instructions and all and it belongs to one of the owners of the establishment.