What's new

looking for bookshelf, 5.25 inch cones, cherry, under 250 bucks (2 Viewers)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
marc, how much would the m2tise with pure titanium tweeter cost?

i will start doing research on the dahlquist today.

thx

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i think i am not interested with dahlquist. it is not popular, i checked audioreview. lots of them were "pre 1995".

besides i dont like boxy looking speakers.

so far my candidate is
axiom m2tise or m3tise
psb alpha b
psb image 1b

will only be used as surround, with BA vr-m50 and vr-mc in the front.

both music listening and movie watching.

i prefer neutral,crispy and full sound, but i dont like bright speakers ( thats why i didnt mention klipsch ).

receiver is denon avr2802.

preferable color is boston cherry, red cherry, anything cherry ( no black for WAF ).

price is around or below 250 bucks.

preferable size is 5 1/4 inch woofer.

chew proof since i have a baby that chews anything.

ok, please, oh pleaaasseee keep the suggestions coming.

ps : i dont like the look of polk. and the name polk doesnt sound right to me. silly reasons, but dunno. i simply dont like them.

Vasanth B

Stunt Coordinator
I second the recommendation on the PSB Image 1B bookshelves. They are small, have a 5.25" driver and come in Cherry finish. Yawa Online has these in "B" stocks which are an ASTOUNDING value. ($179/pr) There's no point in getting "A" stock since my 4 B-stock 1Bs have no visible flaws. Yawa has great customer service and they package the speakers very well with reasonable shipping costs.
I think many of the speakers mentioned sound similar but for $179 the PSBs are great for HT. Music is pretty darned good as well. Just make sure to pair it with a good sub...and for below $200, the SA-WM40 is impossible to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks