What's new

Looking for "best" wireless/cell phone provider! (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Well, I'm breaking down and going to buy a cell phone. But what service provider has the best service and offers? Anyone care to lead me in the right direction. I want one that provides the most night/weekend minutes for less than $30 per month.

Thanks in advance!

KyleS

Screenwriter
We will need a little more info to give you the "Best" cell phone provider for your situation.

What about coverage area, do you want true Nation wide coverage or do you just need coverage around most of the city where you live?

Do you want to be able to call Long distance from your local area, or do you travel and need to be able to dial LD surcharge free nation wide.

Do you need any additional features such as web access or are extra functions like that just a perk in your mind.

KyleS

Lawrence

Agent
I have had Verizon, Sprint, and now AT&T. I live and work in both Washington DC and NYC. My rankings of the three:

1.) AT&T- The most expensive, but you get what you pay for. No dropouts to date, and stongest signal in DC area.

2.) Sprint- Good prices, fairly good coverage, but occasional dropouts when traveling.

3.) Verizon- The worst. Frequent dropouts. Many times the phone would not ring and then seconds later I would get notification of voice mail. I would only suggest this service to those who want a cell phone for emergencies only.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Sorry for the lack of information Kyle.
Do you need any additional features such as web access or are extra functions like that just a perk in your mind.
Nope, no web access or e-mail access is needed. I just need it to make some calls! :)
Thanks again!

Marc S Kessler

Stunt Coordinator
Everything everyone said is pretty much on target, I would like to add that when you find a suitable plan and price make sure they give you a try-out period. Usually it's 1 hour over a period of thirty days.

Notwithstanding all the hype the most important thing is coverage in the areas you frequent.

RicP

Screenwriter
If you're in their area, I swear by VoiceStream. Fabulous.
Also, their IStream service allows you to use your phone as a modem at 64kbps, soon to be 128kbps. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks