What's new

Looking for best value IR distribution system (1 Viewer)

erikk

Stunt Coordinator
Ok in my new apartment my home theater is laid out completely differently than I've ever had it before. I now have the equipment rack behind the seating area and will have two angles of viewing (a TV in an armoire for day to day TV watching sideways in the room and the projector setup with all the speakers for movies lengthwise).

As such I know I need to set up some sort of IR distribution system. I am hoping to get people's opinion on the best value out there. Ideally the eyes would be fairly discrete and allow me to have one eye on top of the TV in the armoire and one eye where the screen would be. Then either RF to repeaters or wired. I've seen one guys system that had tiny IR blasters that stuck to the units IR receiver and liked that idea.

Anyway advice on systems and where to buy them would be greatly appreciated.

Chris White

Second Unit
I use a Xantech IR repeater system (X291-KIT/RP) and have been very happy with it. The best prices I've seen are at Worthington Distribution. You'll need to email them for a password to access prices. It's worth the trouble.

erikk

Stunt Coordinator
Thanx. I am looking into which would be the best for my situation and that site definitely has very good pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks