What's new

Looking for an opinion on the Outlaw Ultra X12 at $549.00. (1 Viewer)

Vinny Chick

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Kovalchick
Looking to for a sub for my basement HT. L shaped viewing area area 2700 sq/3 and L extension approx another 500/600. I will get the exact Sq/ft and update. Looking at the Ultra X12, HSU VTF3, REL HT/1205, SVS PB-200 or PB12-NSD. At the price point of the Outlaw and PB12, I could purchase 2 now. The others I would have to buy 1 now and another latter. I also could consider the Power Sound Audio S3600i at $999. 1000 is my max anything over that and I will probably end up in divorce court! 95/5 movie to music. Thanks for any advice.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I always recommend one better sub over two lesser ones. So, I would always go that way. I don't know where you're seeing the PSA S3600i for $1K though.

Vinny Chick

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Kovalchick
That's a really good question. I can't even find the thing on the web site. Probably another sub over the last several days I've looked at so many subs.

Vinny Chick

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Kovalchick
I was all set to pull the trigger on 2 PB-12's, but I started to research and got caught up in all other subs recommended by others. I also am intimidated by the prospect of trying to set-up 2 subs. My space is med-large, but I would only need to cover one seating area-me. I thought a larger sub would be easier to set-up.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I just finally ordered the Hsu VTF-3 Mk5 HP myself... though my space is nowhere near as big as yours -- mine will be in my livingroom w/ open (small) eat-in kitchen.where the main area is ~22ft wide x ~15ft deep (along viewing axis)... though I'm hoping to move to a bigger dedicated HT room at some point in the next 2-3 years.

Based solely on specs, I'd think the Hsu VTF-3 would probably do better than say the SVS PB-2000 in a large space, but you can only trust manufacturer specs (or even many reviews) so far. Fortunately, all these makers seem to provide decent in-home trial/return policies in case you're dissatisfied w/ the results, so there's that option to help make sure you end up w/ something that works well for you. And you do seem to have just enough headroom in your budget to do so -- some (or maybe all?) of them don't cover shipping for returns.

For myself, I fully expect the Hsu to satisfy, so I didn't mind their return policy that doesn't cover shipping (and they do currently knock $40 off their price). Otherwise, I might try the SVS first -- I suppose I could try both and return the SVS if it doesn't beat the Hsu.

You might also want to consider the Hsu VTF-15 Mk2 instead given your space -- I probably would've gone for that instead, except it's probably too big to sit anywhere in my livingroom...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn35
Recent bookmarks