What's new

Looking for an online retailer that displays the UPCs of their DVDs... (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I'm looking for an online retailer that shows the UPC codes of the DVDs that they sell. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Even before the front/back cover artwork is up for future releases, DVD Empire usually has the UPC code included in the DVD's specifications section.

John Simon

Second Unit
It's just a guess, but maybe he wants them for DVD Profiler. I've been looking for a site for that reason, and I guess I just found one :)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I always go to DVD Empire to copy/paste the UPC into DVD Profiler (just make sure you only copy the middle 10 digits of the 12 digit number listed in the specs -- Profiler doesn't use the first and last digits.

Then I copy/paste the front and back cover scans to replace the low resolution ones in Profiler.

Ike

Screenwriter
Since you aren't placing in the exact copy that you have, why not put it into Profiler with the title search?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
If I have the DVD in front of me I just type in the UPC. But I don't always get them down off the shelf when entering a batch of titles (I've got a backlog I'm still working on entering).

I prefer using the UPC instead of title search because title search often turns up a bunch of non-Region 1 versions and then you have to sift through and figure out which is the correct one. The DVD Empire UPC listing is for Region 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks