What's new

Looking for an LCD around $1000, ideas? (1 Viewer)

BrentBa

Auditioning
Real Name
Brent
I'm looking for a LCD and have about $1000 to spend. Not looking for anything huge, as my entertainment space is only 33" wide. Was thinking a 26".

Probably going to buy from either circuit city or best buy, unless someone knows someplace to get a better deal.

So far I'm thinking of going samsung, but have also seen some cheaper LG and Polaroid sets (either of these worth getting for cheap?)

I plan to use this set primarily for DVD's and my 360.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I bought two Westinghouse LCD sets last year, a 27" and a 32" inch, and for the money they're fantastic. (With coupon and a sale on the 32" cost me just over $800.) Both have since been replaced by upgraded models that look even better. Best Buy carries them and often has excellent deals on the set. Nice thing about their designs is the speakers are mounted below the screen, so they fit comfortably in narrower spaces than comparable sets with side-mounted speakers. (The 32" model is 31 and 3/10" wide and 25 1/2" high.)

They currently have a couple of 32" models with 720p resolution, one with a built-in DVD player, as well as the upgraded 27" model that replaced the model I have in my bedroom.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks