What's new

Looking for an interpretation of this dream.... (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I've currently been searching google for the meaning of this dream and I can't find anything. I woke up this morning with a feeling of grief, dread, and utter lack of wanting to get up to face today (and today's my day off, too!!). Argh!

But, anyway, here's the dream:

My mom's bird (a bird I love, BTW) and a former dog of mine died in the dream. Both of them died at the same time. HOWever...the dog that died was a dalmatian that I used to have and has been dead for about a year now.

I realize that death seldom means death in a literal sense, however, after doing some searching I've noticed that animals tend to represent parents. So, what could this dream mean?

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Without knowing anything about your life, your parents lives, or even their relationship with each other and with you, I would guess that your getting the feeling something is wrong in their relationship. It could be on the rocks or something could be seriously physically wrong with one of them and that is seriosly affecting the other.

However, this is soley the guess of an uneducated person who has zero experience in interpretation of dreams, let alone any percentage of being right about it.

Of course, it could easily have been the food you ate or show you watched last night. Rather than focus on the dream and its meaning, if any, choose to focus on the positives of the day. I'd also be more concerned if it were a recurring dream.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Strange, I too had a death dream last night Brian, involving my dog no less. He ended up drowning in a vast and very fast moving river. Then somehow, it changed from being my dog to being my baby son, which I dont have.:confused: Cant really help you on any interpretation though, but I know how bad death dreams can make you feel the next day.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I had a dream several months ago in which my dog appeared to be dead. He was sleeping beside my legs on my bed, like he usually does in real life, and I tried to push him aside but he wasn't moving at all. It was scary because it felt so real.

~T

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Keep in mind that my dog is already dead -- it's like she died again in my dream. That's what freaked me out. But this isn't recurring (as far as I know). In fact, this is the first time in a LONG time that I've ever had a dream like this. I rarely have (or remember) dreams like this -- usually happens once every 3-5 years. I can eat a whole pizza before bed and not have any repercussions in the form of dreams. I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary last night, either.

What also freaked me out is that TWO different animals of two different sexes died at the same time in my dream. That's rather weird symbolically, as my mom's bird is male, and my dog was female.

Pamela

Supporting Actor

I often have this type of dream. My father died 10 years ago, but I frequently dream he is dying. My Aunt, who died 2 1/2 years ago, also is a regular visitor to my dreams, where she is dying.

These dreams are very disturbing and happen way too often. I haven't a clue what they mean.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Dreams often don't make any sense, and therefore often don't mean anything. If people should interpret their dreams and live by the derived meaning, we would do more harm than good. :)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I had a dream about my great aunt in which she told me she was dead.
My Sister called that morning to say she had died to which I replied, " I know, she already told me"

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Grant B, that is really spooky.

I don't give dreams a second thought.
Although one time when I was about 10 I had a dream that I and my family were in a car accident. The impact was so real that it woke me up and my chest was hurting. About 6 mos. later we actually had the accident exactly the way I dreamed it, except my brother was not in the car this time.

Brian H, I woundn't worry about it. Just tell your parents thank you and that you love them.

"PeeWee do you have any dreams"?
"Yeah, I'm all alone. I'm rolling a big doughnut, and a snake wearing a vest". - PeeWee Herman in "PeeWees' Big Adventure".

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Brian, remember, dreams aren't always litteral (as you noted). Death can mean change and a dog can mean loyalty.

Here are a few things I found:
and p.s. I wouldn't try to interpret the dream as a fortelling of the future. You seem to be hinting that the two deaths may relate to your parents. Dreams don't profisize the future, they are about the past and what you already know.

Possibly (from the above info I found), the animals are representing your parents and the death is representing some kind of disconnect. If I recall, you just moved out? Perhaps this breaking of the parental tie is what the dream could be about?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, it really freaked me out.
Later my niece was studing by herself in the house where my great aunt use to live.
No Doors or windows were open but a gush of cold air blew in and she heard my dead aunt scream her name.
She screamed back to, "go away" and she did. No appearences after that.
My niece was a basket case for quite a few days after that one.

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator
Apropos to nothing, but...

I dreamed last night that I was watching the news on TV and there was a report of Charlie Sheen being shot in the face by a hooker. What do you reckon that means?

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I usually do not remember my dreams at all but I had a doosey a few weeks ago. I actually woke up in the living room to the sound of my wife screaming out my name. I had apparantly crawled from the bedroom on in as I had carpet burns on both of my knees and they were both bloody and there was a trail of blood on the carpet. The only thing I really remember about the dream was somewhat of a birds eye view of our bed and a voice telling me that one of us was an imposter.

So thats that

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks