Looking for an external crossover

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Carlson, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Larry Carlson

I recently got a pair of Mirage Omnisat speakers for my rear channel. Love them. But I knew going in that they would not have much deep bass. I'd like to hook an old subwoofer into my rear channels in conjunction with the Omnisats. I'll need a freestanding external crossover for this. Anyone know of where I can find an inexpensive one?

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

If you can track down a Mirage LFX-1, LFX2 or LFX-3 you might do ok. The least expensive is the LFX-1 with 50-100 hz crossover for high and low (so two independant dials) and not very expensive, say $100-200 USD max. Not made anymore so you'll have to track it down. I can't recall if the other LFX crossovers are made anymore. Can't find em' on the new mirage website.

3. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

M&K also uses them, and could probably be found at a reasonable price 2nd hand.

-rob

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

M & K uses what brand? Their own, or Mirage crossovers?

5. Ted Kim

Ted Kim Stunt Coordinator

Another option would be the Paradigm X-30.

Alternately, you could get an Outlaw ICBM.

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Larry,

What receiver or pre-pro do you have? Can you insert a crossover between your pre-pro and your amp or in a main-out/main-in loop?

7. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

M&K uses M&K. Sorry, I guess that was a little misleading. They are excellent crossovers btw.

-rob

8. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I saw the little RCA connector "bass management" thingy but it said nothing about adjusting the crossover. Very weird. It didn't even say what the crossover was if it was fixed.

9. Larry Carlson

Once again the HTF has come through. I'd like to thank all you guys for your help. I couldn't find the Mirage or M&K anywhere and I couldn't find anything doing Internet searches either. I got the Paradigm X-30 today thanks to your suggestion. I didn't even know Paradigm made these and never would have found it without your help. So thanks once again.

Larry