Looking for an Anime film version of WILD SWANS...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Floto, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

My wife was recently talking about an animated version of Hans Christian Andersen's The Wild Swans that she loved when she was younger. I don't know if it has ever been released on DVD, but I would love to find it for her.

She believed it to be an Anime, and said that she loved the song the lead character sings to her brothers. The plot concerns a girl whose brothers have been changed into swans, and the girl must not speak any words to be able to free them (which makes me wonder why the hell she's singing a song...But I digress).

I had assumed it would be easy to find, but now I see that there are several animated versions of this tale. I have no idea how to locate the specific one she spoke of. Does any of the above description ring any bells with anyone?

Thanks!

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

3. Robert Floto

I'm not sure. Have you seen it before? My wife specifically mentioned a song, but the listing at your link says there are no songs...

I'll see if I can find out more about this version...

Thanks, Jason!

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

The comment below it says that the one above is wrong and there are songs.

No, I haven't seen it, but it was the only anime version of the story I could find. It also has a picture for your wife. Good luck.

Jason

5. Robert Floto

Jason,

Thanks again! I showed my wife that image and she thinks it might be the one. She was just a child when she saw it, so she's not completely sure.

I'll start haunting eBay and see if I can pick up the VHS cheap.