1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an amplifier for 6.1....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck Paskovics, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Chuck Paskovics

Chuck Paskovics Stunt Coordinator

My Pioneer 36tx requires an external amp for the 6.1/7.1 setup. I think I'm finally ready to make that step. I've not picked up an extra pair of speakers yet, but I'm starting to look into amps.

Anybody have any suggestions? My system runs at 100w per channel so I'm looking for an amp with at least 100w per channel that will support 2 speakers. I'd also like this to be a slim amp so that it does not take up much room in my rack.

2. Laurence_C

Laurence_C Stunt Coordinator

Laurence
    Chuck, Rotel RB-1070 at 130x2, Onkyo M282 at 105x2, and Denon POA-8200 at 120x2 come to mind. The Onkyo and Denon were made just for this purpose.

3. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    Chuck,
    I have the ATI 1502 at 150 watts per channel and it works fine for my 7.1 setup. I actually have it powering my fronts-it is that good.