Looking for an amp/receiver (1 Viewer)

killest

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon Dicken
Hello,
I have a set of computer speakers.
They are the Klipsch promedia ultra 5.1

I also have a homemade 15" subwoofer box, containing a JBLPro 2235H.
The amp from the speakers is starting to go, and I need to find a replacement amp
That I can plug these speakers and this subwoofer into.
Here are some stats:
Satellite info (times 5 satellites)

Rated per Satellite: 60 w/channel @ ≤ 1% THD, 100Hz - 1KHz
Sealed elliptical 2-way enclosures with .75" metal polymer dome tweeter mated to MicroTractrix (sp)? Horn for enhanced High Freq detail; 3" long-throw mid-bass driver with convex dust caps.

Here is some Sub info.

(from JBLPro website)
• 300 W continuous program power capacity
• 100 mm (4 in}edgewound copper ribbon voice coil
• 20 Hz to 2 kHz response
• 93 dB sensitivity, 1 W@ 1 m

The JBL Model 2235H represents the latest developments in low frequency loudspeaker technology. It combines smooth response, extended low frequency bandwidth, and extremely low distortion, making it ideal for custom studio monitors and other critical applications requiring an optimum balance of efficiency and bass response.
The 2235H has a low-loss magnetic structure that weighs 8.5 kg (18 5/8 lb) and incorporates JBL's unique Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG). This design, in combination with the aluminum Flux Stabilizing Ring around the pole piece, reduces second harmonic distortion to inconsequential levels. The 100 mm (4in) diameter voice coil benefits from new adhesive technology and optimized coil-former construction of aluminum, plastic and high temperature paper for increased power capacity. The 19 mm (3/4 in) length of the voice coil allows increased linear excursion capability and the extension of usable frequency response to 20 Hz in equalized alignments and subwoofer applications. Careful choice of suspension elements, taking into account their interaction with the voice coil motion, results in a driver with tight, controlled transient response and complete freedom from dynamic instabilities.
The heavy cast aluminum frame resists deformation and improves heat dissipation, and extremely tight manufacturing tolerances contribute to the high performance and linear frequency response.

SPECIFICATIONS

Nominal Diameter:
380 mm ( 15 in)
Rated Impedance:
8 ohms

Power Capacity:
300 W continuous program Continuous program power is defined as 3 dB greater than continuous sine wave power and is a conservative expression of the transducer's ability to handle typical speech and music program material
Sensitivity: (The sensitivity rating of JBL low frequency loudspeakers is based on a signal Swept from 100Hz to 500 Hz, rather than the conventional 1 kHz single frequency test signal since these drivers are usually used below 800 Hz Therefore, usable sensitivity of the 2202H may be substantially greater than that of loudspeakers with higher published ratings The half-space reference efficiency percentages will give a consistent method for comparison of E series, Professional Series, and competitive loudspeakers in low-frequency applications.)

93 dB SPL, 1 W. 1 m

Frequency Range:
20 Hz to 2 kHz
Highest Recommended Crossover Frequency:
1000 Hz
Recommended Enclosure Volume:
85-285 L (3-10 ft3)
Effective Piston Diameter:
337 mm ( 13 1/4 in)
Maximum Excursion Before Damage:
22 mm (7/8 in peak to peak)
Minimum Impedance:
7.0 ohms ± 10% @ 25°C
Voice Coil Diameter:
100 mm (4 in)
Voice Coil Material:
Edgewound copper ribbon
Voice Coil Winding Depth:
191 mm (3/4 in)
Magnetic Gap Depth:
7.1 mm (0.28 in)
Magnetic Assembly Weight:
8.5kg
Flux Density:
1.2 T ( 12,000 gauss)
Bl Factor:
20.5 N/A
Effective Moving Mass:
0.155 kg Positive voltage on black terminal gives forward diaphragm motion.
THIELE - SMALL PARAMETERS:

fs:
20 Hz
Re:
6.0 ohms
Qts:
Qms:
Qes:
Vas:
460 L ( 16.2 ft3)
Sd:
0.089 m2 ( 138 in2)
Xmax:
8.5 mm (0.33 in)
Vd:
757 cm3 (46 in3)
Le:
1.2 mH
no (Half space)2:
1.3%
Pe (Max):
150 W Continuous sine wave

Basically, I need an amp to drive 5 satellites and a sub channel that can push upwards of 200 Watts
Any suggestions?
The connectors are all the old style wire crimps.
Thanks for your help!

mitch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mitchell Miles
Jon,

I have a Denon AVR 5700 Receiver that I'm putting on the market. That would do the trick.

Denon AVR-5700
205 reviews ( views/week) 4.49 of 5
MSRP: $ 2800.00

Description:- Dolby Digital decoding - dts decoding - THX 5.1 and 4.0 post-processing - Dual 32 bit Analog Devices SHARC DSP processors - 24 bit 96 kHz premium Burr-Brown DACs on all 6 channels - ALPHA 24 bit processing on front (L,R) channels - 140 Watts x 5 channels - Eight channel (7.1) inputs for future surround formats - Eight channel (7.1) pre-amp outputs for full system upgrade capability

It's in like new condition and I'm asking $650.00. I have the remote and manual as well.

Let me now if your interested.

Mitch

killest

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon Dicken
well, I'm interested, but it's kind of above my price range...
If I come across the money, I'll let you know...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks