What's new

Looking for all in one HDTV (1 Viewer)

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
Are their any HDTV's that have a line doubler built in and a HD/Sat set top box built into it?
Thanks in advance for any help
patriot.gif

------------------
Jake T
--"The Things You Do In Life Echo In Eternity"
----Russel Crowe, Gladiator

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
All HDTVs have a built in line doubler that they use anytime they receive a standard (NTSC) 480i signal. They will usually allow you the choice of converting to 480p or 960i, but you will not be able to turn it off. The line doubler is not used when the TV is receiving a 480p or 1080i signal.
Some of the newere HDTVs have a receiver built in for over the air signals. As far as I recall, only some RCA units have the DirecTV satellite receiver built in also. There was one Toshiba model from two years ago that also had a built in receiver, but I don't think that model is still available.
SMK

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Steve
patriot.gif

------------------
Jake T

Luis M

Second Unit
The RCA SCENIUM, A 65" projection tv has everything in it, including satelite and over the air HD receivers. the set will set you back about $3500 but it is worth every penny, I have spent many hours deciding among other brands and this is the most detailed. remember this is not their regular RCA brand but the new higher name tag substituting their former higher end PROSCAN. Sometimes we go with brands just because everybody else has it and says is the best or even sales people who get higher comissions on certain brands, but trust me this set is hard to beat. It includes all you need and yet competes with the rest of the 65" crowd at a reasonable price. RCA made a great set and I am going for it.

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
Two others that I know of that include the HDTV receiver built-in are the 38" RCA direct view set (F38310) and the 34" Sony direct view set (KD34XBR2).

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Luis,
I would have been somewhat hesitant to look at RCA but if it is Proscan I'll take a look at it. Actually my brother is looking and asked for my help.
Andy,
Thanks I'll take a look at those also
patriot.gif

------------------
Jake T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks