Looking for affordable wireless headphones...any ideas?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex_Santos, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Alex_Santos

Alex_Santos Second Unit

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good pair of affordable wireless headphones?

2. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I've looked at the Sennheisers lately - they have a good rep, but have never used them. Would be interested in comments.

3. Jon Duke

Jon Duke Stunt Coordinator

Same here. I'd love to find a quality set of wireless headphones. I know Sennheiser is a great name, but I've never run across their wireless pair. If y'all got a link out there, feel free to drop it right on here.

4. Jon Duke

I hope someone out there has an answer...

5. Dave E H

I just looked through the reviews on audioreview and they aren't great for the Sennheisers. However, a lot of the complaints center around people wanting to run around the house with them (and the static that occus) , but that's not what I want them for (I want to put on the headphones and watch TV in bed and not wake the SO) - they don't even have to play very loud either...

6. Alex_Santos

Alex_Santos Second Unit

Im with dave on this one. I basically just dont want to be dragging a cord around my room while im listening to music or watching tv. Anyone even own a pair?

7. Jon Duke

I used to work over at Circuit City, and we had a TON of the Advent 900 mhz. wireless headphones returned. Although, I think a lot of that had to do with operator error rather than the quality of product.

8. Alex_Santos

Alex_Santos Second Unit

Yeah I hear that. I tried a pair of those advents. The reception was good, but the headphones themselves sucked. sounded like crap. Those jensens dont look too promising either.

9. Jay_E

Jay_E Stunt Coordinator

Alex,

Since you are in Orlando, you can go to the Receton Factory Outlet in Lake Mary. They have a decent selection of wireless headphones. They make the Jensen, Advent and other name brands. The models they have are definitely affordable but I'm not sure how "good" they are. They also have good deals on AR cables and NHT speakers.

Jay

10. Dave E H