What's new

looking for advise on were to start for a beginners first installation (1 Viewer)

carlsonpa

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Hello everyone
I am working with a local museum on a new display that we are creating and part of the project is to project a video of a river onto a wall. The area that would like to cover is 18ft X 9ft. I have done some research into this and have found that the idea distance to make a screen that size is 21ft back from the wall. This gets into a problem as there is a pole that would most likely be in the way of the projector. Two options s that I am looking at include:
Using a mirror to reflect the image back at the wall, it is my understanding that this can be used make the distance shorter to shot the video from.
Use two projections from m the left and right sides to create one image.

This will be an inside installation with both inside light and natural light coming in from windows, what sort of things should I be looking for to make the picture see able?
The wall is currently planed on being painted blue, is that going to make the video harder to see?

I appreciate your time in reading this, and any help you could provide this newbie.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Do you mean the projector is 21 feet off the wall?Split projectors ain't cheap either.How far is this pole? What shade of blue?

carlsonpa

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
I was using an interactive guide that suggested a distance of 21ft from the wall to project a picture the size I need. If it is inaccurate, I would love to know some more sources to deterimine the distance needed. The pole is about 6-10ft from the wall. The blue is a bluish greenish color (sorry, I am bad with colors).
Any advice and sources of information would also be greatly appreciated as well as help and answers.

Paul

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
carlsonpa said:
Hello everyone
I am working with a local museum on a new display that we are creating and part of the project is to project a video of a river onto a wall. The area that would like to cover is 18ft X 9ft. I have done some research into this and have found that the idea distance to make a screen that size is 21ft back from the wall. This gets into a problem as there is a pole that would most likely be in the way of the projector. Two options s that I am looking at include:
Using a mirror to reflect the image back at the wall, it is my understanding that this can be used make the distance shorter to shot the video from.
Use two projections from m the left and right sides to create one image.

This will be an inside installation with both inside light and natural light coming in from windows, what sort of things should I be looking for to make the picture see able?
The wall is currently planed on being painted blue, is that going to make the video harder to see?

I appreciate your time in reading this, and any help you could provide this newbie.
Before we can even begin to offer help, we need an idea of budget.

If you're looking to project an image 18 FEET by 9 FEET with ambient light, you're going to need an absolute light cannon and that's not going to be cheap at all. I don't even know if there is a consumer-grade product that will suit your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks