What's new

Looking for advice... (1 Viewer)

Dennie

Auditioning
Ok...here is my dilema. I have narrowed my choice of receivers to three...the Marantz 7300, the Yamaha 1300, or the Integra 6.3. I am leaning towards the Marantz due to the fact that it has a DAC for each of its channels...whereas the Yamaha has just one and the Integra has one for the left and right channels.
I will be using the system for home theater and 2 channel audio listening.
My speaker choice presents another dilema. Should I go with the BW CDM 9nt (2300), the Paradigm Studio 100s (1900 dollars), or the Boston Acoustics RM-90s (2000 dollars)? I am just considering going with the CDM 1nt (bookshelf speaker, 500 dollars a piece) and putting the extra money into the sub. Is this a wise choice?
I would greatly appreciate any advice to help a newbie like myself out.
This system will be used in a fairly large room measuring 14 ft wide by 28 ft deep.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Dennie. Welcome to HTF!:)
You've got a "Coke vs Pepsi" choice in those speakers. The B&W and Paradigm both have a good reputation around here. The Boston's I have not heard as much about, but that does not mean they are not compariable.
I'm going to move your post to the speakers & subwoofers fourm where it will get more focused attention.
Enjoy your stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks