What's new

Looking for Advice!! (1 Viewer)

Robert E.

Auditioning
Greetings, I just purchased my RPTV(Mitsubishi 65WS313) from bestbuy for 2,800 dollars, including taxes, a 4 year in-home service plan, and a Award Zone membership. Was this a good deal?

Dish network does not lease their HDTV receivers. Therefore, I'm looking to purchase one from a local store. Before I purchase one, a have a few questions:

1. After I purchase the receiver from a local store, must I purchase the package offered by Dish network?

2. Which HDTV receiver do you recommend that I should get?

3. What features should I be looking for in a HDTV receiver?

4. Will I only be able to use the receiver with Dish network, Or can I use it with cable as well?

Thanks in Advance

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Cable systems use a different scheme incompatible with OTA and satellite systems. It would be a lot cheaper for you to just rent a cable HD box from your cable system if they provide HD channels.

Robert E.

Auditioning
Thanks for your response. I wish I could rent one from my provider, but DISH NETWORK does not over it to exiting members, can you believe that. My only option is to purchase.

Robert E.

Auditioning
Greetings, I guest purchased my RPTV and now find out that dish network does not allow their existing costumers to rent their HD receivers. My question is, If I purchase a receiver from a local store do will this receiver work with Dish Network only or will it work with cable as well?

Are receiver specified for one company?

What specifications should I look for in a HD receive?

What is the difference in a HD receive and an HD tuner?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks