What's new

Looking for advice: projector w. android tv, bluetooth audio and good brightness (1 Viewer)

___lars

Auditioning
Real Name
Lars
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the world of projectors and failed a bit in my first attempt and bought a portable xgimi model. It's cool, but it's just not bright enough. It's being returned tomorrow, but it surely validated that I want a projector and I might even increase my budget a bit to get something good, but ideally I'd like to stay below 1000 $ (in Europe, so prices are higher).

From my research I've found that there are some really good projectors like BenQ & Optoma that can work really well even in a light room without a blackout curtain in daytime. But they then tend to lack the smart-tv aspects that some of the smaller devices have.

Is there possibly a projector that lives up to: android tv (with netflix support without a billion dodgy workarounds), bluetooth and good enough ansi lumens to work during daytime (or at least early evening)?

Thanks in advance
Lars

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
you are thinking about it all wrong. Get the best projector you can afford. Feed it content from an external device. On board apps are not even the tenth most important thing in deciding what projector to buy.

also, no, projectors can be made to work with rooms with some light but they are never going to be truly satisfying in those environments. Ever see a pj at a bar like Buffalo Wild Wings? Think that, not cinema.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks