What's new

Looking for advice for custom home audio (1 Viewer)

CustomhomeAudio

Auditioning
Real Name
Singh
Hello,

I am currently building a custom home and was looking for advice on equipment and installation of speakers and subwoofers for a home audio system.

I have a open concept kitchen and family room with a dining room next to the family room with arched walls.

I want to put speakers so that I can entertain guests when they come over with music playing in the family room, kitchen area, and dining area.

I’d like to have controls for which speakers turn on when I want them to.

For example: if I’m watching a movie I just want the area in the family room playing audio. If I’m hosting a party I’d like the music playing throughout the open concept Kitchen Family room space and dining room. I’d like to control the volume of the speakers individually or by the area it’s in.

I also want this to be placed in the most optimal way according to the size and floor plan.

if someone can help me figure out the layout of the system and what specific equipment I would need to achieve this, I’d greatly appreciate it.

currently I have finished the framing phase and want to have the speakers and subs installed before sheetrocking.

I have attached the architectural plans of the area.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 48741CEE-3174-46BF-A385-D86C11553235.jpeg
    48741CEE-3174-46BF-A385-D86C11553235.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 58

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey your best bet with whole home audio is to talk to a dedicated integrator. Most of us focus on home theater builds that stick to a single room. I had mine designed by a contractor working with my home vendor, it was part of the package they sold, don’t think I’d have done it if it wasn’t all bundled in. You are going to touch Ethernet, power, pull lines through walls, and multiple floors and ceilings.

It’s not the average bear that can manage that and navigate the specialized world of whole home systems. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks