What's new

Looking for advice--2 channel amps (1 Viewer)

steamboatgeoff

Auditioning
Real Name
Geoff
Newbie alert here.....if I am totally off base or in the wrong area...please move appropriately!

I am getting ready to fit my new house for sound in seven different zones. I am a big Sonos fan and am planning for one Zone Player for each zone (x7). I am planning to put 2 in-ceiling speakers in each room (still deciding on which ones). I will have a central media hub upstairs with plenty of space. I am currently using a Denon AVR-100. I am looking to power each zone individually with dedicated amps.

I am looking for suggestions for solid, nice performing, 2 channel amplifiers, that will not completely break the bank.

Initially I was interested in Outlaw but those are all monoblocks. I was also looking at Audiosource as the price point is very reasonable.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Please let me know if I need to add anymore info...was trying to keep it short and to the point!

Thanks in advance!

SG

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I think the place to start looking at stereo receivers is (was) the H/K 2290/3490. They have recently been discontinued, but you can still find them. I say the place to start because they had a rep for a strong amp with no frills; from there you can go up or down depending on your preferences/needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks