What's new

Looking for a Version of Heart of Gold by Neil Young (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Maybe as long ago as 40 years there was a version of HOG that I loved. It was by a choral group like the Johnny Mann Singers, but not them. They were probably named after the director (like the JM Singers). I think he was German. For some reason I want to find this song. Any help here? Thank you.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe as long ago as 40 years there was a version of HOG that I loved. It was by a choral group like the Johnny Mann Singers, but not them. They were probably named after the director (like the JM Singers). I think he was German. For some reason I want to find this song. Any help here? Thank you.
Is it Boney M. from 1978?

Lest you think I'm some musical encyclopedia, I just looked up the Neil Young song on Wikipedia and it had that version listed under the covers. :laugh:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Somewhere in this list?

- Walter.
And bingo! I found James Last on that list and I’m fairly certain it’s him. However, that version doesn’t quite impress the way I felt it back then.

Thank you Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks