What's new

Looking for a used AUDIOPHILE AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

thxbest

Grip
Real Name
sean
I am in the market to purchase a used audiophile AV Receiver. Price range maximum $800 for a used unit, the less the better.

The most important factor is the audiophile sound quality, sheer musicality that the unit provides, not the features. It should also have HDMI 1.4 at least and also Speaker A/B switch would be a good option as I have 2 different pair of speakers in the front, one for HT (Definitive Technologie BP 7006) and the other for music Magnepan MMG.

I know some brands like: NAD, ARCAM, ANTHEM, MARANTZ making good audiophile AV Receivers.

What would be the best option for a used unit?

Thanks for any advice.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This month, I will be getting a new Denon to replace my Denon AVR-2809CI, so it will soon be available. I've never had a problem with it, I'm replacing it because I want a 4K receiver that supports 3D and other things. Here's a link to the manual: http://downloads.denon.com/documentmaster/us/avr-2809ci-om-e_102a.pdf

BTW, I bought the receiver in 2009.

If interested let me now. I read more than once that accessories4less is a great place.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I would strongly recommend Marantz from accessories4less - probably your best bet that has a real warranty and isn't a risky purchase in case it breaks.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The Denon's have a one year warranty, how long are the Marantz warranties at A4L?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks