Looking for a Universal Remote

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by ToddP, Sep 23, 2005.

1. ToddP

ToddP Stunt Coordinator

I've always wanted a Pronto, but I can't afford the high end options. I just read up on the Harmony remotes a bit, and they look pretty good. I'm trying to decide between the Pronto TSU-3000 and the Harmony 880. Does anyone have any experience with these remotes? Any suggestions or advice? Thanks a lot.

2. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

You can't go wrong with any of the Harmonys. They are easy to program and anyone can learn to use it within a few minutes. I'm not saying the Pronto is not a damn good remote , just that the Harmonys are more user friendly and easier to program.

3. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    I agree with Dean. Very easy to set up, and very high WAF.

I had been drooling over Prontos for a year or so thinking of all the possibilities until I saw the review of the Harmony remotes on RemoteCentral.com. It made me realize that I didn't want to turn remote control programming into a full-time hobby, which seems to be what it takes with the Prontos. Instead, an hour using the setup wizard is about all you need.

I have a 659 which I bought about 2.5 years ago (I think) and my wife loves it. I set up a 659 for my technophobe aunt and uncle and they have not had any problems. My dad just got a 688 (which I set up). My parents love it.

The Harmonys have the easiest combination of setup and usability with the wizards, pre-designed 1-touch functionality and component state memory. And I found great prices on Harmony models at SurfRemote.com