What's new

Looking for a TV with special dimensions (1 Viewer)

BrettK

Agent
Hi. Hoping someone can make a recommendation here. Been looking at the B&M stores/sites that I know of, but haven't found anything so far.
Looking for a TV to fit in a kitchen cabinet that's at most 20" wide (not diagonal) and 15" deep. Due to the limited depth, I'm assuming a flat screen panel of some type will be needed. I found the 15" Zenith ZLD15A1 for about $1300 which looked pretty good, but was hoping to find something a bit bigger (20"/21" diagonal).
Any thoughts on what would fit?
Would like to keep the price around $1500 if possible..
Thanks.
------------------
i might've been born yesterday
but i stayed up all night

Jon Harris

Auditioning
Take a peek at the Samsung 170MP. It is marketed as a computer lcd monitor, but it also has cable input and a remote. I use the 150MP currently and it produces a pretty good picture (lcd is never as clear as crt from angles). You should be able to find the 170mp for under $1000.
Jon

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Brett, what type of quality are you looking for? Will an ordinary 13 inch tube tv work for you? I've seen some that should fit in those dimensions. Also, the Toshiba flat screen 14AF41 may fit those dimensions and should be a little nicer than an ordinary 13 inch tube. Anything bigger than that and you'll most likely have to look at a flat panel lcd computer monitor/display which has some input for whatever source you'll be watching on it.
hope this helps,
--tom

BrettK

Agent
Thanks for the replies.
The 15" Zenith and 17" Samsung (saw it for $1250 at CompUSA today) would definitely do the trick for quality. It looks like to get the depth dimension a computer monitor w/ tv tuner/remote is going to be the way to go.
Although Best Buy had some flat panel/plasma screens, but nothing between 13" and 42" I think it was.
Really hoping for something in the sweet spot, at around 20/21". This is actually for the parents and when mom looked at the 15" she thought that would be too small.
May just need to wait until the right product comes out, although think they need to order the cabinet sizes soon.
------------------
i might've been born yesterday
but i stayed up all night

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks