What's new

Looking for a title of this short horror film! (1 Viewer)

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
I remember they used to show this on HBO in the late 70's/early 80's between movies. It's a short film (maybe 5 minutes long) about a guy who walks into a videotape editing room and is attacked by a reel of video tape. I remember it devoured him kind of like The Blob. Very low budget and darkly funny. Any help on the title or better yet where I could find this curiosity? Thanks!

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I remember that one.

I loved those "shorts" on HBO back in the day. :) I also liked the one that was a mock on Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. "Hmmm...This means something."

I wouldn't mind seeing a DVD featuring those.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You can get Hardware Wars on DVD. It's only a SE version, though, I believe. Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind isn't available, though.

Edit: Amazon is calling Hardware Wars "the Original Version" now, so maybe the old disc was supplanted.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
What's the name of this (the one about the videotape)? I JUST saw it recently on a DVD, and remember it from decades ago. The actual plot is, a guy shows up for an interview, and is pursued and devoured by the videotape. After spewing out the guy's empty clothes, the tape types out a letter to its next victim, then rewinds itself onto a reel.

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
YES! Now I remember the typing part! Very crude- yet effective- stop motion effects. What dvd is it on???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks