Looking for a title of this short horror film!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Grady Reid, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Grady Reid

Grady Reid Stunt Coordinator

Grady
    I remember they used to show this on HBO in the late 70's/early 80's between movies. It's a short film (maybe 5 minutes long) about a guy who walks into a videotape editing room and is attacked by a reel of video tape. I remember it devoured him kind of like The Blob. Very low budget and darkly funny. Any help on the title or better yet where I could find this curiosity? Thanks!

2. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

I remember that one.

I loved those "shorts" on HBO back in the day. [​IMG] I also liked the one that was a mock on Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. "Hmmm...This means something."

I wouldn't mind seeing a DVD featuring those.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    You can get Hardware Wars on DVD. It's only a SE version, though, I believe. Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind isn't available, though.

Edit: Amazon is calling Hardware Wars "the Original Version" now, so maybe the old disc was supplanted.

4. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

What's the name of this (the one about the videotape)? I JUST saw it recently on a DVD, and remember it from decades ago. The actual plot is, a guy shows up for an interview, and is pursued and devoured by the videotape. After spewing out the guy's empty clothes, the tape types out a letter to its next victim, then rewinds itself onto a reel.

5. Grady Reid

Grady Reid Stunt Coordinator

Grady
    YES! Now I remember the typing part! Very crude- yet effective- stop motion effects. What dvd is it on???