What's new

Looking for a theater (1 Viewer)

dustinSkater

Agent
I am new to this website and was looking for suggestions on a theatre. I was looking at a bose lifestyle 35 series II. But reading some things on this website maybe bose istn' the best. I will mostly be using it for xobx, but also a lot of movies and music. I am willing to pay up to 3000, but any less would be better. It is going in my room so the speaker can't be gigantic but i do have a decent amount of room.

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Dustin,

This would better be served in the speaker forum and you would definitely get more traffic ie. opinions there vs. here in this forum. Very little traffic here. You are right. The Bose systems are not well regarded around here for a lot of reasons but mainly for high cost and low performance. There are a lot of nice systems out there in the sub $1000 class that would suit you just fine. The Athena .5 or the micros come highly rated but I don't have those so I cant comment on sound quality though. I have listened to polk set up listed here and they sound pretty good even in the store. It does not have killer bass but for the price and size it does sound pretty good and for a bedroom might just be the "thing". I have considered this set up when I get around to doing a surround system in my bedroom too. Pair the speakers with a good surround sound receiver and you should be ready to go.

Hope this helps, just my .02 worth.

steveBose

Grip
I came here the same way, ready to buy a Bose system and at the store, they were eager to yank my $4000, but then i went home one last time before buying the lifestyle 48 system, and found this website. Bose must hate this forum, i would'nt be surprised if they have a plan to blow up the servers.

David-Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david wright
I don't want to add too much fuel to the anti-Bose fire but go to one of their dedicated stores and ask for a spec sheet so you can compare the Lifestyle 15,25,35 (which are basically $1500, $2500, and $3500). I mean real audio specs with frequency response, efficiency etc. If they can't give you that then ask them how they justify the difference in price.

There are plenty of better performing speaker systems for a fraction of the price. In fact I challenge you to find a system that doesn't sound as good for half the price.

JohnnyKretentiv

Stunt Coordinator
If you are really set on buying something at a brick and mortar you are better served buying some athenas at BB. But yes head on over to the speaker threads for more help.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Ha...Bose....Give a retailer their specs...Yea, I don't see that happening anytime before the Apocalypse.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks