What's new

looking for a sub (1 Viewer)

Patrick R.E.

Agent
im looking for a sub to complet my sound system.
i have athena speaker, one pair of sct series combo S3 and P3 for the main, one sct C1 for the center and one pair of S1 for the rear.
my recever is a kenwood vr-3080.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Sounds like you have a whole world of subs to choose from.

You can go traditional with a Velodyne or try a SVS sub on for size.

How much are you willing to spend and how big a sub do you want? 8", 10", 12"? Do you have a small/medium/large room?

Patrick R.E.

Agent
i have a medium size room, i like to go with a 10 inch or a 12 inch sub. i saw a Velodyne sub at future shop 649$ 10 inch and 749$ for the 12 inch, in can$
is Velodyne a good sub??
good quality sound ??
where its made??

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Velodyne is a high quality sub made in the USA.
For those prices also check out the SVS line of subs.
A 25-31PCi powered sub might be up your alley. SVS's sound great with music and movies.
I have one and actually prefer it over my Velodyne CT-120 for music.
The Velo is great with movies though.
http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pci_25-31.htm

TonyTran

Auditioning
Patrick,

What will you be primarily using the sub for?
I just ordered an Adire Rava 2 weeks ago and it should arrive tomorrow. I will be using it 75% of the time for music and 25% for HT. Good luck with your decision.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I was going to suggest the Velo cht 15" since you run 75% movies. It can be had for $5-600. This sub really does very well in the HT arena and imo will work to your advantage down the road. I see you are in Canada so that adds a whole new dimension to the equation. I am sure you know there are some great subs made in Canada that would be much more cost effective.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
If you find yourself hanging out here more than in your HT then you really will be a goner. You will learn allot though.:emoji_thumbsup:

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
How much money are you willing to lay down. SVS's are very expensive up here in Canada. A 20-39cs ran me about $1200 with shipping and taxes Included - SVS

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Mirage BPS400
Paradigm PW2200
You could see if this place can get you an Adire Dharman at a reasonable price:
http://www.creativesound.ca/
Also if you got some tools seriously consider DIY (do it yourself). You'd buy driver and amp, then build your own enclosure. If this interests you, say so and I'll elaborate.

Joe_Mcc

Auditioning
SVS, end of discussion. For the price it cannot be matched. Believe me when I tell you you probably do not need to go larger than the 25-31. My room is 16x22 with a 12 ft. high ceiling and the 25-31 is more than enough. Just stick in "When We Were Soldiers" and watch the whole house shake. Its amazing. Of course the WAF is very low due to size.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks