What's new

Looking for a specific 1980s toy (1 Viewer)

JasonDNJ

Grip
Hello. I've tried googling for this particular toy but so far no luck. Let me try to describe it and if you know what it's called, let me know.

It's made of plastic and made up of sectioned pieces that connect to one another. The pieces do not break apart but they can twist and pivot. You can create objects out of it such as a dog, the letter T and a snake.

Billy*C

Auditioning
Is it the one that came out around the time of the *Rubik's cube. I used to have a couple way back when, but I don't recall what happened to them.

To "solve" it you make a ball out of it. Don't remember what it was called though, sorry.

edited to respond to TimDoss...

That is what I was thinking of. Mine must have been generic though as I don't remember it being called that.

JamesCB

Second Unit
It was called "Rubik's Magic Snake". The original was blue and green and was produced by Ideal Toy Company.

James

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Here is the link for the ultimate toy sight. :D It was an invaluable refrence in completing my collection of Dungeons & Dragons action figures.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I had one of those, they were fun, I think it even came with a book that told you of things you could make. I don't remember it being the Rubek name, but I'm sure there were generic mfgrs of the same toy. Might still have one too somewhere.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks