What's new

Looking for a speaker system (1 Viewer)

RichardJB

Stunt Coordinator
Is it possible to build a quality home theatre speaker system using different brand speakers? The reason I ask is that I own the Denon AVR2805 and 2 pairs of Acoustic Research tower speakers and that is is it. I want to add a center,rear surrounds and sub and I hear that you should stay with the same brand(voice matching). I am looking to spend around $750 for speaker system that needs to be small but very powerful becauce I have the 2805 and a very large great room 23x18. Any help is appreciated.

R:o:b

Agent
the problem u run into is not having the speakers being timbre matched. having matched speakers creates a seamless sound. this only realy effects the fronts and centers though. if you are going to use different brands make sure that the efficincy is the same. for instance you cant mix klipsch with most other brands becuase there speakers are around 95 dbs. for every 3bd up/down the voulume doubles. so if you have a speaker that has 100 rms @93 db and one with a 200 rms @ 90 db they have the same output voulme. Another concideration is the drivers. If they are made out of different matterials and they are different sizes they will obviously sound different. the sub you can buy any brand, so everything is fair game...

long story short, try not only to stick with the same brand, but the same series. good luck on your ventures and remeber anything u buy, u can always return...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks