1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a receiver, Sacramento, CA

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by BrianTT, Sep 15, 2003.

1. BrianTT

BrianTT Auditioning

I live in Tucson, but I am looking for a good speaker store near Sacramento because my grandmother has caught the home theater bug and would like to pick up quality receiver and speakers. If she lived near me I know where to go. If anyone has any ideas or recommendations of where she can demo these products near Sacramento, please assist. Gram thanks you.

2. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

What kind of price range are we looking at? Sacramento is filled with the Circuit City, Best Buys, Good Guys, etc. type chain stores, but it's slim pickings for mom and pop type dealers. If she's looking for something above these type stores, the best, imo, is Audio FX, located at 1415 Howe Avenue. It carries brands like Arcam, B&W, Rotel, Denon, MacIntosh, etc. You might also try The Home Theater Company oat 4250 Power Inn Road. Paradigm is located near Audio FX (don't have the address available) and carries some good brands like Anthem.

3. Minesh Patel

Minesh Patel Stunt Coordinator

Another possibility is Magnolia Hi-Fi, on Arden Way near Best Buy. Good selection of upper end product, they even have a couple of FP rooms set up.

BTW, Paradyme is located on Fulton Ave, just north of Arden Way, & they have another store on Douglas Blvd. next to Macaroni Grill.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

there's another magnolia hi-fi in roseville too. it's right across from the mall, near all the restaurants.

i've had the best customer service at the paradyme near arden. the worst at the paradyme in roseville. magnolia hi-fi is pretty nice, but i wasn't too impressed with the sales staff.