What's new

Looking for a player with a good freeze frame function (1 Viewer)

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
Okay, this is what I need out of a DVD player. I require a player that has freeze frame capabilities. I don't mean pausing, I mean actually being able to advance the video one frame at a time. My current DVD player (Sony DVP-S55D) has a jog shuttle, which means that if I pause a scene and want to advance a frame, I have to jog forward until I hit slow and then jog back to pause. It's bloody annoying, not to mention not tremendously accurate. What I want is a player with a frame advance button. As an animator I like to be able to study animated features one frame at a time, it's really the best way to study timing. If anyone has any suggestions I sure would appreciate them.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
My Toshiba 2150 DVD player has this kind of feature on it, although it does have a down conversion problem. If you want a freeze frame function this would be good, I think....
-Keith-

Jeff North

BANNED
I have both the Panasonic DVD RV-30 and CV-50 - on both players (probably the same for the RV-31 and CV-51 but not sure) you hit pause, it will freeze the frame. Then hit pause again and it just goes to the next frame. At least this is the way I remember it. I would try it out somewhere in a store and see if this is what you are looking for. Also It has a slow-mo mode which advances frame by frame VERY slowly... not sure if it would be slow enought for you but it would be a try...
North

Mike E W

Agent
Toshiba 9200, can be set to standard pause or frame in setup. Can advance 1 frame at a time or real slow fwd and reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks