1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a player with a good freeze frame function

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geoffrey_A, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Geoffrey_A

Geoffrey_A Second Unit

Okay, this is what I need out of a DVD player. I require a player that has freeze frame capabilities. I don't mean pausing, I mean actually being able to advance the video one frame at a time. My current DVD player (Sony DVP-S55D) has a jog shuttle, which means that if I pause a scene and want to advance a frame, I have to jog forward until I hit slow and then jog back to pause. It's bloody annoying, not to mention not tremendously accurate. What I want is a player with a frame advance button. As an animator I like to be able to study animated features one frame at a time, it's really the best way to study timing. If anyone has any suggestions I sure would appreciate them.

2. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    My Toshiba 2150 DVD player has this kind of feature on it, although it does have a down conversion problem. If you want a freeze frame function this would be good, I think....
    -Keith-

3. Jeff North

Jeff North Banned
    BANNED

I have both the Panasonic DVD RV-30 and CV-50 - on both players (probably the same for the RV-31 and CV-51 but not sure) you hit pause, it will freeze the frame. Then hit pause again and it just goes to the next frame. At least this is the way I remember it. I would try it out somewhere in a store and see if this is what you are looking for. Also It has a slow-mo mode which advances frame by frame VERY slowly... not sure if it would be slow enought for you but it would be a try...
    North

4. Mike E W

Mike E W Agent

Toshiba 9200, can be set to standard pause or frame in setup. Can advance 1 frame at a time or real slow fwd and reverse.