What's new

Looking for a owner's manual for DBX 222......... (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
noise reduction unit. Anybody know where I can get a manual for this unit? Any PDF files out there somewhere? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Steve

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have a 224 and the manual and if you send me an E-Mail I can scan it into Acrobat and send it back to you. The 224 and 222 should be substantially similar except for the tape monitoring capability of the 224 - Phil.

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the offer, Phil. I know "begger's can't be choosey", but I would like to have a copy of the original manual, so I'm going to hold out for a little while yet before I put you thru any work.
I just got the unit and hooked it up to my Nak RX-505. Really makes nice recordings, but I don't know what the button "dbx disc" does. I really need to get into the year 2002 with everybody else, but I have tons of good chrome and metal tapes lying around doing nothing.....seems like a shame not to do something with them.
Anyway, my email address is [email protected] if nobody comes thru for me. Thank you very much.
Steve

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Steve, the dbx disc button has 2 functions. First for listening to a dbx encoded disc (yes they made dbx encoded records) or when you would want to listen to an encoded disc and make an encoded tape recording at the same time. In effect, it takes a program coming into the preamp/receiver and internally connects it to the tape recorder inputs and then decoded and later fed to the preamp/receiver tape monitor outputs. The manual is not that big so it is not a big deal. It is about 5x8 inches and has 15 pages. The last page is the schematic which is very tiny on that small a page.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks