Looking for a new tv.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ChuckM, Mar 22, 2004.

1. ChuckM

ChuckM Stunt Coordinator

Well, my old tv busted and I'm on the the look out for a new one. My old one was a 24" flat screen. I would get another one the same size.I also need one that has audio outputs. I tried the Sony Wega but found that it has a lot of color distortions. So his there any suggestions.

2. Kerryn R

Kerryn R Auditioning

I spent a bit extra on a Loewe set - a lot actually at the time and for my circumstances. I've never regretted spending the extra since however. I have the 72cm Profil with PIP (I bought it in 2000) which I felt was worth the few hundred extra over the competitors of the same size with similar features. I'd never even thought about home theatre et al when I did buy it - it was kind of the beginning of the journey for me, but I've not had a problem with adaptability, except for being a bit limited in brand/model options sometimes with the scart connectors. I think the more recent models have composite connections as well anyway, so it won't be an issue now. Visitors to my home frequently comment on the picture quality when they see it running, and four years on and a lot of AV purchases later, I'm still very happy with it. Happy shopping!

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Please post this sort of query in the proper section. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level, not specific model recommendations.