Looking for a new TV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MikeJason, Jan 21, 2004.

1. MikeJason

MikeJason Agent

I would like to buy a new widescreen TV. I am willing to spend between $2,000 - $3,000.

I would like good visual quality and a good viewing angle.

From what I understand, CRTs have a better viewing angle and picture quality over LCDs. Is this correct?

Aside from the less volume that a LCD takes up, and the fact that you do not have to worry about images buring in the screen, what advantage are there to an LCD vs. a CRT?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Hi Mike. Welcome to HTF!

I'm going to move your post over to the Display Devices fourm where more specalized responsed can be had.

3. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

An LCD is a good alternate when you don't have the space for a CRT, other than that I believe a CRT is much better than an LCD.

A CRT will have a much better picture, and is not subject to "dead pixels" which appear as pink dots on the screen like LCD's can have. It is true CRT's can get burn-in, but take care of your TV and don't play an image that shouldn't be on there all hours of the day. I always play 16:9 movies on my 4:3 screen and I have no burn-in after 3 years.

Either way they are both good decision, LCD's aren't cheap, and don't offer quality as good as CRT's in my opinion but they aren't bad either.