Looking for a new sub

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Nick L, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

I am trying to decide which sub to buy. Right now my two finalists are the Adire Rava and the Def Tech SuperCube I. I can get both for new $400(don't ask please). Mostly what I would like to know is how deep the Rava will go. Right now I have an Infinity Entra Sub two. It does not go low enough for me. Nothing is really audible or feelable below 35 or maybe 30Hz. I really want something that can get into the 20's. Shooting for something solid down to 25Hz. Will the Rava do this?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. Brendan_Lewis

The Rava is amazing. No commercial sub will compare for $400, including the DefTech.

Some reviews are on this page.
    adireaudio.com/news/news.htmI have on in my setup. I also have used the 95L ported shiva, the madisound swans, some random 15s and the earthquake magma 15. There are subs that will give you more output but not for $400 prefab.

My HT:
    raspberrywheat.com/tv.jpg

3. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

Is there anything else for $450 and under that I am missing. Or is the rava the winner in this price range.

4. John Robert

John Robert Stunt Coordinator

The current issue of Home Theater finishes a two part review of 8 subs in different $ ranges. While you could argue about their choice of candidates - no HSU or SVS - they had good things to say about the JBL Studio 120PII. It can be found online for less than $400...