What's new

Looking for a new remote (1 Viewer)

gsmith2885

Auditioning
Real Name
George
The IR receiver on my dish box decided to stop working. Instead of replacing the box Dish Network is sending me an RF remote. I currently have a Logitech 520 and love it. I would like to know if there are any RF remotes that will work like my 520. I have read about the 900 though I am not sure it will work my dish box. I have read it will only send the signal to an IR blaster not to the device itself. I would use the Dish Network remote except it doesn't work on my TV and I would then have to give my wife a class on what input the TV and receiver needs to be on. Is there anything out there to help me?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
All of the RF Harmony models are RF between the remote and the IR blaster but the final product is IR.

I suggest DirecTV and their new customer incentives. I know its a radical move but I left Dish because of their horrible equipment and refusal to do anything about it.

gsmith2885

Auditioning
Real Name
George
The thought had occured to me to leave dish but it will cost me too much. The contract isn't all that old and I will have to pay fees to break it. What made the experience with the customer support even better was when I told her that I use a universal remote and both stopped working the box at the same time she insisted the box was fine and that they are not trained on universal remotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks