What's new

Looking for a new receiver (1 Viewer)

Chris_Smith

Auditioning
I am getting a set of Athena speakers (AS-F1.2, AS-B2.2, AS-C1.2, and AS-P4000). I am also looking for a new receiver to go with them.

Right now I am looking at the Pioneer 815 and the 1015. How do these receivers compare with others in the same price range? Is there a better one? I am only running a 5.1 system due to the room layout. The room size is about 330 sq ft.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Craig W

Second Unit
The 1015 has the best bang for buck comparing features in the under $500 range. It is probably the last Pioneer receiver to use MOSFET amplifier design which had been used in the Pioneer Elite models over the last several years.

Hands down if you have limited yourself to these two receivers go with the 1015 even if you are only doing 5.1. I went from Denon 2700 to Pioneer 1015 that cost less and I do not feel I took a set down.

7.1 PL2x, THX Select2, dts-es Matrix/Discrete, Surround EX, decent amp section all for under $500.

Chris_Smith

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't limited myself to these two receivers only. I am wondering if there are any Harman Kardon, Denon, or Onkyo that are int he same price range that are as good?

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
Both Denon and Onkyo have at least 2 AVR's in the $500+/-$100 range. Personally I like both of those brands because I think they provide good value. Try their sites and then do some searches on what looks best in each line; somewhere out there you'll find reviews and maybe head-to-head comparisons. Frankly, I tend to stick to a few brands (including those) and then buy the best one I can justify to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks