What's new

Looking for a new PS2 game.... (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Hi All,
I'm looking to pick up a new PS2 game next week. The problem is that I'm not sure what to get. I already have GT3 and a couple of others. I'm considering Twisted Metal Black. Any ideas?
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Mario_C

Stunt Coordinator
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X is coming out firt week of September. It got a very good review on EGM Mag. Silent Hill 2 is supposed to come out at the end of September.
Resident Evil will include a demo of Devil May Cry.
But, you can't go wrong with Twisted Metal Black. I will pick up this game and Gran Turismo 3 next week.
------------------
Link Removed
[Edited last by Mario_C on August 10, 2001 at 12:44 PM]

Mario_C

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked the schedule release dates:
Resident Evil-Aug 25
Silent Hill 2-Sep 28
I plan on buying these games as well.
------------------
Link Removed

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I already did Resident Evil on the Dreamcast.
You guys think it's worth it to pick it up again on the PS2? I really don't see that there will be much I haven't seen before and, I can't imaging that graphics being THAT much better.
confused.gif

Still, for those of you that didn't play R.E. on the D.C., definitely get it for the PS2.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Actually supposedly the graphics are worse on the PS2 than on the DC version of REC:V, because of lack of AA and the PS2's low amount of RAM.
Get Klonoa 2!!!!! I think its the best looking PS2 game yet, even better than GT3!

Mario_C

Stunt Coordinator
The review on EGM said the graphics were coparable.
------------------
Link Removed

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Hold your money for Devil May Cry (October, I think) and Metal Gear Solid 2 (November 13).
Twisted Metal: Black is very good, but don't have any kids around you when you play it.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
SSX is still the king of the hill, IMO.

------------------
- Dave

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=bickle

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I had my copy of TM:B for trade on the software for trade section. If you're interested I want Crazy Taxi, Cookies and Cream, GT3 (but you're probably not done yet) or Red Faction. It's a fun game with great graphics and sound but just not my thing.
jeremy

Peter Loan

Second Unit
I don't recommend Twisted Metal Black unless you are a car combat freak. I've played it around 10 hours total and I haven't touched it since. It's hardly worth the $50 in my opinion. I can recommend GT3 and that's about it.

Gary King

Second Unit
TM:B is great, especially multiplayer.
I've been spending a lot of time on FFX recently; however, unless you've got a Japanese PS2, you probably don't want to pick it up just yet.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
TM:B is pretty hard, and there is A LOT to do in it. I have GT3 and don't like it that much any more. It was fun for a while, but there is too much to do with little rewards (unless you do very good in the sim mode, but then you spend more time getting cars than getting tracks in the arcade mode). I didn't like it as much as I thought I would have, but you can decide for yourself how you like it.
I can't wait for FFX. If I could get the japanese one without having to buy a japanese PS2, I would.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'm not a car combat freak, but I love TM:B. It really gets the adrenaline pumping. It's the best thing for when you just get home from work after fighting rush hour traffic. Play the freeway level and just blow everyone else away!!! :)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I ended up picking up TM:B. So far I have to say that it's awesome. Thanks for the suggestions.
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-
[Edited last by Andre F on August 12, 2001 at 12:54 PM]

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
If you are a football fan, Madden NFL 2002 is coming out in less than 2 weeks. I'll be there to buy it on release day. In addition to polishing up an already great Madden 2001, it is also widescreen-capable, will add the new Houston Texans in Year 2 of Franchise mode (as well as restructure the league), as well as many other little additions from last year. They tweaked the gameplay a little, made the player faces look more realistic, and even added in left-footed kickers! :)
------------------
View Dr. Grall's DVD collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks