What's new

Looking for a new HDTV (1 Viewer)

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
With my new job I find out I get all tvs at cost through visions, and with that being said iam considering upgrading my tv. However I have no idea what features to look for, and just general things that are important to look for. I want widescreen, and I want HDTV that is all I know. The size iam looking at is 27'-32' since that is all that will fit in my entertainment system (maybe a 36' will work but I will have to play that by ear since I will need measurements, and then need to compare those to the possible opening in my cabinet. So pretty much i was hoping I would be able to get some suggestions from you guys of what to look for in my TV, and even perhaps some recomended models. Also I want to spend under 1000$ CND with the discount (unaware of how much cost saves you but just keep that in mind). Thanks in advance for any help.

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
Also it will be used for a lot of gaming also, not sure if burning from games is still an issue or not but figured I would mention it.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I think the Philips in the only one in your price range being $1K Canadian. Ok display nothing spectacular.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
At my local Sam's Club, I picked up a great deal on a Philips 32" hdtv ready set to replace an older 36" rca tv. I currently use an Infocus 4805 for movie watching so the tv just gets prime time type tv viewing. About the same time, my cable company rolled out hd/pvr (Motorola MOXI) boxes and I am amazed how great the picture is. It is so good and clear, if I paid retail for the set I would still be happy. :emoji_thumbsup: The best part is I paid about half of retail, look around, deals can be found, just don't be in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks