What's new

Looking for a new 7.1 speaker satellite set under $1000 (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I am looking to replace my old speakers, an Energy Take 5.1 set, for a new 7.1 set (with a small sub--hmm, I may keep my current sub though). My room is about 25'x 12'. I can only spare about $1000 for a set. I need satellite speakers, for my room has no space to place big tower speakers.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. I like the Energy speakers, but it seems that nobody locally sells them, and since I don't drive any more, it is hard for me to go far to find speakers. So I guess I am stuck buying them online.

Thanks.

Regards,
orestes

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I would suggest the SVS 5.1 setup (right at $1000) and then keep two of your current speakers for the rear surrounds. I have the SVS's for my front 3 and really like them.

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
Why not just buy two more take 1 speakers, so they all match. You are not going to find many speakers that sound better than what you currently have in that size department. I am sure there are better sounding speakers, but they would be much more than $1,000. I would get two more take 1 speakers and a SVS sub. The Energy 8" sub is a great sub, but most of the SVS subs are in a different class.

Jeff Aguilar

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Jeff

Thanks for you suggestions. I will take them into consideration. However, since my room size is small, I don't think I can place a bigger sub than the Energy ES-8 (16 x 10 x 10)- H x W x D.

I am trying to get the Energy Take speakers at ebay, but so far I have lost two bits. Currently I am bitting on yet another pair.

Question, does SVS have a sub within the dimesions of the Energy ES-8 sub?

I am afraid I could not find a SVS sub small enough to fit within the spot of my Energy ES-8. If I changed my sub, it would be the last thing to receive an upgrade into my sound system.

Anyway, thanks again for all comments.

Regards,
orestes

Jacob C

Second Unit
HSU and Onix both have smaller subs. The HSU is an 8" (they do have larger models) and the Onix Rocket sub is a 10" in a small sealed enclosure.
I dont know how they compare to your current sub but I've heard lots of good things about these.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Jacob

Thanks for your post. I will look into those two also, but since I started to upgrade my equipment, I will leave the sub upgrade for later. I am still happy with the current sub, for I don't want to buy another which makes to much noise. I don't want to bother someone below me since I live in an apartment.

So far the HSU STF-1 seems to have a tolerable size of 19"(h)x11"(w)x16"(d). The Rocket UFW-10 seems to be smaller at about 14"(h)x13"(w)x14"(d), but it is a bit wider than I'd like it to be. Also the HSU cost less than the Rocket (about $300 less); thus, if I decide to buy, I will probably go with HSU since it is more tolerable on my wallet.

Regards,
orestes

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
Since you are in an apartment, I think that I would stay with the Energy sub. It is a really good sub. I would just keep looking for the other two take 1 speakers.

You could also look into getting the Connesuir speakers from Energy, they are a big larger, but they do sound fantastic. You could use those up front and the Take's in the rear. Look into the C-1 speakers and see if they are too big for your space.

Jeff

Nhan_H

Second Unit

The new Onix X-sub might be of more interest to you, along with their X-LS speakers. The sub measures: Size (H x D x W): 17 3/4" x 12 7/8" x 9"

The X-LS speakers are on the largish size for bookshelves.

They don't have a traditional center just yet, but you can get a 6.1 system for about $800 and then get the center later when it comes out (should all be under $1000):

http://www.av123.com/products_catego...akers&brand=55

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks