What's new

looking for a in-wall center channel speaker but cant seem to find one thats a true in-wall. Please (1 Viewer)

gsxreatr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Etheridge
Hi, new to the forum and to the world of home theater systems. I have a friend thats helping me piece together a system. It includes a integra 7.8 dtr 3 zone receiver , and boston shelf speakers, ceiling mount, and outdoor speakers. Im on the hunt for a really good center mount speaker but the catch is I want it to be a in-wall mount speaker because of the lack of space I have to put a non in-wall speaker. i could not find one made by boston so i need to find one. I would like one of pretty good quality since the center channel speaker is the most important speaker in a home theater system IMO. I also do not want to use just a in-wall speaker, I want a one that is a center channel because the system is in a bretty big living room and the floor plan is open. I searched but couldnt find the answer that I was looking for in this forum. Does anyone have an idea of what center channel I can use that is a in-wall mount? looking to spend around $400. Thanks in advance

gsxreatr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Etheridge
anyboy out there??? did I post this in the wrong part of this forum or something?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There's more traffic in the Speakers section. The problem going with an in-wall from someone besides Boston is the different timbre. In order, we recommend: 1. 3 identical speakers for L/C/R 2. L/C/R speakers from the same company and same line. 3. L/C/R speakers from the same company. 4. L/C/R speakers with similar characteristics (same design, same types of tweeter/woofer) ...... 98. Phantom center. 99. Center does not match the L & R speakers. Have you looked at Monoprice and PE for their in-wall speakers?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
gsxreatr said:
anyboy out there??? did I post this in the wrong part of this forum or something?
This is a weekend. There is more traffic during the week while we are supposed to be working.

gsxreatr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Etheridge
Robert_J said:
There's more traffic in the Speakers section. The problem going with an in-wall from someone besides Boston is the different timbre. In order, we recommend: 1. 3 identical speakers for L/C/R 2. L/C/R speakers from the same company and same line. 3. L/C/R speakers from the same company. 4. L/C/R speakers with similar characteristics (same design, same types of tweeter/woofer) ...... 98. Phantom center. 99. Center does not match the L & R speakers. Have you looked at Monoprice and PE for their in-wall speakers?
ok, i understand now. Well I want to do book shelf speakers for right and left and a in-wall mount center channel. was planning on using A26's for shelf speakers. Would I be better off coing with a complete line of polk audio for R/C/L speakers or could I find a center channel to go with the boston A26's? the A26 is a 2way 6.5 with a 1in tweeter

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We don't recommend speakers most of the time here as a general rule. What I like, you may consider crap. Everyone hears differently. I gave you the basic rules in choosing your front 3 speakers. Go out and listen to some. See if you can come up with 3 that will work for you. Finally, why an in-wall for the center? Is it some special requirement?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks