Looking for a good cd player.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Luis M, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Luis M

Luis M Second Unit

I am looking for a good sounding cd player, I have heard good things about the NAD C541i and the ROTEL RCD-1070. I will be using the cd player via analog outputs, I have the RP-91 dvd player from Panasonic and I'm using my Marantz 8200 receiver's DACs. I also have an older cd player from SAE that outperforms the dvd-receiver combination in terms of sound quality but it is too old and is getting cranky. I've read many possitive reviews about the Nad and a couple about the Rotel. If there's any other good performer out there in the $400-500? please let me know.
    Also where can I find Nad dealers or e-tailers?

2. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Try www.yawaonline.com for NAD. They are authorized NAD dealer, and a lot of times they will have NAD factory refurbished equipement for sale, still comes with 1 yr. warranty I believe. Also, worth noting, that another post somewhere on hometheater.com, someone had listed a link that had a bunch of new NAD components coming out, including cd player(s). Might want to check that out. I think it was in the Receivers/Separates section.

3. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

4. Luis M

Luis M Second Unit

Thank you John for your information. I am really interested in the NAD brand, alot of people have good things to say about it.