What's new

looking for a good cable to hook a pre amp to a amp (1 Viewer)

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i have about a 250-300 buget for all 7 cables i am looking at the monster m850i or Signal Cable Analog Two with bullets

RobWil

Supporting Actor
bump...

yo admin!!!

how about moving this for more action please?
Either the interconnects forum or receivers/amps maybe?? :)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'd recommend AudioQuest. Lots more bang for the buck IMO, you should be able to get in near or under your budget with some nice cables. I'm not really a cable believer, I use the 5 cables that came with my Sherwood Newcastle amplifier for this connection.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
I recommend the AR Mater Series Interconnects.

AR® exclusive FNT™ technology provides the most comprehensive, advanced protection against noise and interference.

Frequency-corrected silver-coated very fine multi-stranded >99.99% pure oxygen-free copper conductors improve signal transfer for delivery of full frequency range.

Locking, 24k gold-plated precision-machined RCA connectors will split center pins for superior fit and signal transfer.

Teflon® insulation provides the lowest dielectric absorption for hightest signal integrity and accuracy.

Two layers of shielding: one 100% overlapped Mylar® foil for RFI isolation, and one 95%+ copper braid for EMI isolation.

Highest-quality insulating and stranded fiber dielectrics with low contants for greatest efficient signal performance, accuracy and purity.

Twisted pair balanced and directional noise drain construction combine for natural, accurate noise-free sound reproduction.

Kevin

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have any comments regarding using some of the popular coax's for pre-amp to amp connections?

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone comment on the way Outlaw PCA sound?,does it roll off highs or tighten the bass? Anyone hear a difference when using these cables compare to the one you use before. Thanks

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
Over recent years I have had good experience with Bettercables, Outlaw, the older Kimber PBJ and Monster 550i as pre/amp interconnects.
Good solid construction and clean sounding.
Have not auditioned the RS Fusion cables, but their hype does not appear any more outrageous than the big names.

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
My impression of the Outlaw PCA is that it is very smooth compare with Kimber Kable PBJ, Radioshack Gold and Monster. The Outlaw has a sweet mid-range with extended bass but a bit roll off on the top. The PBJ was the best and most dynamic but interferance was a big problem for me since the PBJ is not shielded. Radioshack Gold was good for the money but a bid harsh on the top end and Monster just sound muted compare w/ the others. I don't remember the which Monster cable I tried but it was a fairly low end model.

I am using the cable from my preamp to amp.

MY

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
I personally use Catcable's SilverCats, but given a choice now, I think I'd just go with regular RG59 or RG6 Belden/Canare coaxial cables with 75ohm Canare RCA connectors. They're cheaper, they're broadcast quality, and they're good enough :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks