What's new

Looking for a DVD surround sound system (1 Viewer)

Jack Sampson

Stunt Coordinator
My old sony surround sound finnaly died on me and I am looking for a new system to replace it. I have a really low budget of under $500..... I'm probably gonna get hell for this but I do like sony and have been looking at them recently. I like the DAV150DX and the DAV FX10. Are these any good. I mostly will just use it for movies and tv. If these are bad choices could someone suggest something else and keep in mind my budget. Thanks.....

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
Look at onkyo Home Theater Systems. With the HT-S580 you would have room in your budget to get a decent DVD player and some popcorn.
There are others out there, but lots of people on these forums applaud Onkyo for there HTIB.

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
Thats a tough one. You may want to post that specific question on the Amps topic.
You will likely start a fight when you do. There is a good argument for either refurb or used. First off, make a list of what you want in a reciever. Once thats done, find one that fits your needs and is in your budget. There is a lot to choose from in this pricepoint.

Looks like you could get an Onkyo 502 for that price or the Denon 486, both very good price points for a well built reciever.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Does no one read the red-lettered section at the top of the Basics area thread-listing page? No one at all? There is to be no posting asking for what models of anything to purchase. It is strictly for discussing home theater at the beginner level or for asking a "basic" question about home theater in general. For questions as to what to purchase, please post in the appropriate hardware-related area. And for now, questions about HTiBs go in here, in A/V Sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks