What's new

Looking for a DVD recorder??? (1 Viewer)

ToddBP

Auditioning
Does anyone know who if any company is making a quality DVD recorder? By quality, I mean one that will play in my other DVD player and I can edit on my PC.
Thanks in advance,

Tom Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
That depends upon the "quailty" of your other DVD player. By "quality" I mean if it has the capability to read DVD-R or DVD-RAM discs.

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Here's the scoop:
1. Panasonic's DMR-E20 records DVD-R & DVD-RAM. The former will play on most DVD players, but the latter only in PC DVD-RAM drives & DVD-RAM capable players like the RP91. You can edit on a PC w/DVD-RAM
2. Pioneer's DVR-7000 is a pricey DVD-R & DVD-RW recording unit. You can edit DVD-RW. DVD-R & DVD-RW discs recorded in 'Video Mode' will play on most DVD players
3. Philips' DVDR1000 & DVDR1500 are DVD+RW units (different from DVD-RW). Discs don't need to be finalized, you can edit anytime & play on most DVD players. Seems to be the most versatile all-in-one solution, but the +RW format is not sanctioned by the DVD Forum
It's anyone's guess as to which format or formats will win.

ToddBP

Auditioning
Thanks a lot,
I also did some research and looked at the Philips DVD Recorders. They're giving away a free DVD recorder here.
Link Removed
The DVD+RW format seems to be the most compatible format and it says that they use an I-link(firewire) connection.
Works for me.
Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks