What's new
World Wide Stereo

Looking for a DVD Recorder that doesn't suck (1 Viewer)

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
I bought a Panasonic DMR-E30 a few years back, and I'm ready for something better. Obviously, I want the ability to record all formats now (DVD-/+R,RW, and +R DL). My other problem with my old one is the dumb looking menus it automatically adds to everything recorded on DVD-Rs. I was actually recording to DVD-RAM and reauthoring with my PC a few times, cause I hate those menus so much. My main problem is this: If I record 1 thing to the DVDR (like dubbing an old tape for backup), I DONT WANT A MENU! NO MENU! NONE! I don't need one, and I don't want one. Just play! Are there any standalone recorders that actually have that option? I was looking at a Sony RDRGX330, but I don't know what its menu options would be like.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I use DVDShrink to get rid of the menus from my Philips recorder, plus strip out the subtitle track with nothing on it that it adds to everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks