What's new

Looking for a Digital Menu system on LCD (1 Viewer)

John510

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Not sure if I am in the right place but I have been looking for a digital menu system for my pizza restaurant. I would like the menu to be displayed on TVs and I want to be able to control the menu pricing and specials from the office. Can someone direct me in the right area?

Thanks
John from CA

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I'm not sure if there's a commercially available product out there that does that sort of thing, but it could be developed custom for you using any number of programming languages. An application developed using Flash/AIR could easily accomplish this sort of thing.

You could try searching/posting to various job boards in your area - look for web/multimedia developers and designers with expertise in Flash and/or AIR (just about any programming language could be used, but there seem to be many Flash developers out there, and not only would the cost likely be less than a C++ programmer, but you have a better chance of finding someone with some design expertise that will help make the application LOOK good).

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
In this case the display device (whether a TV or computer monitor) is secondary to the source, which would clearly be computer based. You might want to contact a moderator and have the thread moved to the "Computers & HTPC" section of the forum.

In the meantime, here's one of many links I found after doing a Google search for "restaurant menu display system"

IDS Menus - Inside Menu Board

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks