What's new

Looking for a decent but inexpensive CD player (1 Viewer)

Jonny K

Second Unit
I need a CD player. It doesn't matter if it's one-CD or multiple-CD capable. I just want something of decent quality for a value price - around $200-$250 Canadian ($150-$200 US). I don't think fancy high-def features like DVD-Audio and SACD matter that much to me, but if I can get it, great. My current CD changer is a really crappy RCA base model which died very quickly.

Thanks.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member

RobWil

Supporting Actor
I'd consider the NAD C521i or a used C541. There is one of each on audiogon.com right now, a new 521i for $199 and a used C541 for $200 shipped. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jonny K

Second Unit
Ok, I did a little more looking. To buy the cheapest NAD CD player new here in Calgary would cost me 450 Canadian dollars.

There is a company by the name of "DMC Electronics" selling the NAD C521i (new) for 200 US (plus shipping). After exchange and shipping, it will cost just under 300 Canadian.

There are several NAD players on e-bay, although most are super old. Here is one that caught my eye:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...826144644&rd=1

Hmmm...Garrett, do you really want to sell your player? See, it's looking as if the only way I can get a good player for around 250 is if I buy it used and have it shipped. But I'm wary of buying something from somebody I don't know who's across the continent, and then shipping it to me without even knowing if I'm getting what I paid for.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=384593

Do yourself a favor and dont buy a used cd player. You dont know how much life is left in it. Cd players have moving parts. That kenwood is nib with a warranty. Not to mention it has a $950 msrp, it will make a great dvd player, and it does DVD-A. Do a search for it on the forums. Back in the day there was alot of buzz about that player. It was the first one with the forujda deinterlacer. Im sure it can do the decent job your looking for with your cds, and without a doubt it will be an improvement over your broken rca.
thats what i would do at least.. sure its not a nad or a rotel, but it has a warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks