Looking for a cheap 6.1 4ohm receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by AndrewVital, Feb 8, 2004.

1. AndrewVital

AndrewVital Agent

I am nearing completition of my home theater and sadly have gone over budget. So the receiver I planned on buying ( Pioneer ELite VSX-59TXi) will have to wait until the spring as I own a seasonal business and winter just isn't my season. So i'm shoppin around the net and ebay trying to find a remanufactured or used receiver that will get me buy.

I have M&K speakers which say they need 4 ohms, so i guess I need a 4 ohm receiver. I'd like to get a 6.1 (though i have speakers for 7.1, i know i can't afford a 7.1 amp now.

Does anyone know of a used/reman. 6/1 4ohm amp that I can get for around 300 bucks? (I say used/reman because this will gimme more bang for my buck and i only plan on keeping it for 6 months tops.)

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I would say the lowest priced 6.1 receivers that have a 4/8ohm switch on them are the Panasonic SA-HE100 & Panasonic SA-HE200. Refurbiushed 100 $179 Refurbished 200 $235.95 check www.refurbdepot.com under "Category Search" click "Receivers" I think either of these would tide you over for 6 months & both of them have received "Good Reviews"

3. Luitz

Luitz Stunt Coordinator