Looking for a center channel that is voice matched with my Denon speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron_J, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Ron_J

Ron_J Auditioning

I am using a pair of 60W Denon Bookshelf speakers w/ a HK 520. I would like to add a center channel and maybe surround sound speakers. Does anyone know what model center channel speaker will go with my Denons? If I can get the surrounds also for under $500 that would be great.

I know that BOSE has a center and surround sound package but I am not sure if the center will be voice matched with my Denons. Plus, I think the BOSE sound is 'soft' and would prefer sounds like that of a Klipsch.

Will the HK 520 adjust the speakers even though the center is not voice matched. I know that there is an auto adjust on the HK.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

I don't know what speakers will match yours, but I can tell you most people on this list will strongly suggest that you not get Bose. The fact that you don't like the sound of them settles it right away actually.
    I don't know anything about the auto adjust feature on HK's, but I can't imagine why adjusting the volume would be a problem.

3. ken thompson

ken thompson Second Unit

Denon makes speakers?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I've never seen any Denon speakers other than those that come in the "all in one" setups. AFAIK, someone else makes these speakers for them. I recently saw an all in one unit that came with Mission speakers (not bad) I would guess that this is who has been making their speakers.

To the original question, I think it is less likely that you will be able to just go out and buy a speaker that will match the Denons perfectly. I'd sell them and get a matched set. Bose will DEFINITELY not pair up well.

The auto-set feature of the 520 should not care anything about what speakers are attached to it, only the SPL produced by them.

5. Bry_DD

Bry_DD Second Unit

I think I've seen Denon speakers at Sears. You might wanna drop by at Sears near you. Hope that helps.